Broccoli is one of our absolute favourite vegetables, and we use it frequently in our home-cooked meals due to it's versatility, crunchy texture, and its amazing health benefits.
Broccoli is already well-known for it's health benefits such as providing us with essential minerals and vitamins and a healthy amount of fibre to keep our bowels healthy and toned.
Check out the nutrients that come packed inside every bite of broccoli below
- Vitamin B1, B2, B3 & 6 - improves energy levels, brain function and cell metabolism
- Iron - Attaches to your red blood cells and carries oxygen around your body.
- Magnesium - Muscle & nerve function, regulates blood sugar levels & keeps your blood pressure in check.
- Zinc - Immune system booster, helps with energy levels and testosterone levels in men. Has been shown to help with acne.
- Vitamin K - Enables our blood to clot effectively
- Vitamin C - Helps with collagen production. Antioxidant which protects the body from damaging free-radicals which cause stress on the body.
- Fiber - Slows digestion to keep you full for longer, and tones the bowel. Can also help to lower cholesterol.
- Potassium - Required for the heart and nerves to function
- Folate - Helps to build and maintain cells in the body
Our tip for ultra crunchy delicious broccoli is to sit it in a pot, pour boiling water over it, add salt and sit covered for 10 minutes.